Advising the Advisers
Event is delivered by
- London School of Economics and Political Science
Friday 14 June 2019
09:30 to 15:30
Advising the Advisers is a free one day conference providing teachers and higher education advisers with advice and guidance on how best to support their students throughout the university admissions process.
The event is open to all staff who support young people with university applications.
During the day, advisers have the opportunity to talk to LSE admissions tutors as well as staff from the School's academic departments, Student Marketing & Recruitment and Widening Participation teams to talk about LSE's programmes and admissions procedures.
The following topics will be addressed:
- applying to competitive universities
- admissions policies and processes
- student finance
- life at LSE
- the personal statement
- the teacher's reference
- On-campus event
- Free event
- Student life
- UCAS reference writing
- Personal statement writing
- University admissions processes
- Meet academic teaching staff
- Student Finance