Advancing Access is a site operated by the University of Nottingham. The University of Nottingham is a university in England incorporated by Royal Charter with administrative offices at University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD.
References in these Posting Rules to "the University", "we", "our" and "us", etc. are references to the Advancing Access project which is operated by The University of Nottingham on behalf of 24 UK universities in the Russell Group: University of Birmingham, University of Bristol, University of Cambridge, University of Cardiff, University College London, Durham University, University of Exeter, University of Glasgow, University of Edinburgh, Imperial College London, King's College London, University of Leeds, University of Liverpool, London School of Economics, University of Manchester, Newcastle University, University of Nottingham, University of Oxford, Queen Mary University of London, Queen’s University Belfast, University of Sheffield, University of Southampton, University of Warwick, University of York.
These posting rules (and the documents referred to within them) set out the terms under which you may post contributions on our website www.advancingaccess.ac.uk ("our site") and to any of the University's interactive services ("contributions").
- be accurate (where they state facts)
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- promote sexually explicit material
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other protected characteristic
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- promote any illegal activity
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Posting Rules for External Visitors
For any visitors to our site, please be aware that your use of our site is subject to the following:
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to, these Posting Rules, which supplement our Terms of Website Use.
You must comply with the spirit of these Posting Rules as well as the letter. The Posting Rules apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
To the extent permitted by law, the University will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any contributions posted by you or any other user on our site, on any third party website linked to our site or through any other interactive services associated with our site.